Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spring is Here...Well tomorrow!


It's a great day for art in the Pacific Northwest. Our last day of winter is here, and the temperature finally broke above 60. Daffodils are blooming and the Krokus will be blooming in a few days. Enough about the weather.

We've started gearing up getting ready for our show season. Mackie and I are coming up with new ideas and creations daily, and we're really starting to get anxious for the year to begin. We're trying something new this year. Ok, Mackie really threatened to hurt me if I kept gathering recycled items and hording them. So much to recycle and so little time. So, I agreed to work with what we have and really try to avoid stopping by the freeway so often to pick up lost chains. I kind of actually like it - it really forces me to be creative and come up with new ideas.

Silverfish is a great example of forcing me to work with what I have around. I created this guy from recycled silverware, a saw blade, a horse shoe, and some round bar for the frame that everything is attached to. There are two hangers on the back making it easy to attach this work of art to your wall.

See you soon,
Joe

No comments: