Friday, February 21, 2014

New Work This Year






It's been a great winter with a lot of great new work that I've been creating. I've been spending a lot of hours in the shop, and I'm just getting started. There's going to be some new shows that we're going to do and new work is making up 60-70% of everything that I'm working on.

The peace sign is just one example of what I've been creating. This and a lot of new work is inspired by the things I grew up with. The 1960's and 1970's especially had a lot of great things that still inspire me.Think the space race in the early 1960's; the hippie movement during the 1970's, and the googie architecture all around California.

I've just started working on a new video project that I'll be posting three-to-five minute YouTube videos on over the coming weeks. Here's the link to my YouTube channel; there's three videos of some old school work and watch for new creations in the coming weeks.




No comments: