Friday, April 15, 2011

On the Road Again! Port Orange, Florida


This week I'm off to Port Orange, Florida to exhibit in their annual Artfest.  Last year, it was the funnest shows that I attended in Florida, so I decided to give it another go.  It still sucks traveling without Mackie, but we've got to do what we've got to do.

I've set up at the Super 8 motel in Daytona Beach and what a treat that is.  I've stayed in some real flea bags over the years, and this one certainly rivals with some doozies.  Where shall I start :)???

It started with the door.  The electronic keys wouldn't work.  Turns out that they don't use them here but instead use a real key.  That really through the new desk clerk as the lobby was full of people that couldn't get into their room. 

Next is the room itself.  I decided to leave my socks on and I ran to Walmart and bought some pajamas.  Now I can honestly say that I have not had on a pair of pajamas in years, but this motel made a believer out of me.  The best part about this stay is that I have Netflix playing on another screen on my laptop.  Technology has sure made traveling a little easier on us artistic road warriors. 

As you can see by the above self portrait, I even keep a positive attitude no matter where I might be staying at the time! 

No comments: