Wednesday, March 4, 2015

It's All in a Day's Work

We've had a website for a number of years, and I'm often asked how many people come to it to buy from other artists. And, the reality for me is never. I believe that it's a good place to store some pictures, share our show schedule, and that's about it. I like the personal aspect of sharing stories with people. Mackie tells me that I share too much, but that's for another time.


I have a different view about Facebook and Instagram (Ok, I new to the latter) where I feel more connected with people. We share photos and have conversations. It's personal when we can't be face-to-face. I like that.

This heart has been in my mind for a few years now but something was always keeping me from creating it. By something, I mean me! There's so many pieces that I have floating around up there that I need to get through my system...I love the process of sitting down and just working with the recycled pieces like a puzzle. This piece is about 36" tall by 20" wide and around 2" deep. It's a heart within a heart within a heart. It may be one of my most favorite pieces that I've created and it's gone to a great home in Sunriver, Oregon.

This goes back to my earlier point. I post many of my favorite pieces on Facebook where I can share with people who know and appreciate my craft, friends and family. I'm connected there and people are connected to me. This piece was adopted by a fan of my work, and I'm truly grateful for all the support so many have shown me over the years!

It's going to be a busy 2015.


No comments: