Monday, February 2, 2009

What's My Sign?


I came up with the idea of creating pieces that were inspired by the zodiac and this is our result.

We picked up this digging chain from a recycled steel yard about a year ago. We had no idea what we were going to do with it and out of necessity, I drug it into the garage over the weekend. I was determined to find a way to incorporate this into a work of art. Now mind you, I've been trying to build smaller pieces, but for the past year I seem to keep building bigger! It's that old addage that bigger is better - hey, this is a "G" rated blog.

So, I looked at this chain for about an hour and twisted and turned it into a lot of directions and thought of a snake and a dinosaur...I decided that it wasn't the time for that and then kicked it across the floor. Actually, I didn't kick it but I triped over it...That's my story and I'm sticking to it. I noticed that it was kind of twisted like a scorpian and ta da! I came up with the idea of the zodiac series. Nice.

OK. So now which sign is next?

Stay tuned for further updates.

No comments: