Thursday, April 3, 2008

Opening Day

It seems fitting that opening day for our blog is the same as opening day for baseball in Oregon. The Portland Beavers are supporting the Fresno Grizzlies. While I'm not a big baseball fan, I can't remember when I went to the last game, this time of the year reminds me of spring.

Spring is a time when everything is renewed; flowers are begining to bloom in our yard; our art is new and fresh after we've refreshed after a long-wet-cold winter in the northwest; and this is our first blog entry.

First, a little about us. Mackie, my wife, and I create recycled metal art that shows how we view the world. Nature is a main focus with birds, cats, and dogs being a large part of our work. However, nothing is put aside when the creative juices hit! Check out our website at www.cliftonmetalworks.com /Aboutus section. It tells a lot about how we grew up.

In the coming years, we'll be using this to share with you more about our lives and travels. Last year, Mackie and I exhibited in 32 art shows. I believe we are doing about 30 this year. We've been very fortunate that so many people have supported our creative work which in turn has helped us help so many others. Mackie and I donate a number of significant pieces to charity auctions each year.

See you soon,
Joe

No comments: